Monday, May 08, 2017

A thing for sunshine

The vibe here is low and slow -- windows open, back door propped, flies in and out on a breeze -- we've stepped aside this weekend.  The world goes on.  It's not easy to cultivate respite from the world. Alllll my attempts fail.  But Clark had surgery Friday, for a deviated septum, so we're in an authority imposed retreat.  It really works. I want to hire someone to come over with a clipboard and a vest to tell me sternly that I'm in a time out.   That this and that are not my concern.   That animal pain and animal comfort are the extent of my influence.  That photosynthesizing is paramount.  

Luckily the sun is out.  After this long cold wet dark season, sitting in the sun is a matter of survival. 





4 comments:

asha said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............sounds delightful, even with the surgery and now even Clark can enjoy a breath of fresh spring ait!

Anonymous said...

long time reader, first time commenter! had read your blog back in the day and just recently thought to revisit it. glad to see these very recent posts. just wanted to say how good your writing is, and is very much appreciated! cheers.

Kristiana said...

Thank you for still checking in. I will someday write as often as I used to, which wasn't very often anyway. Glad you haven't given up on me! xo

Anonymous said...

cheers, thanks, and best wishes.

Archives

About Me