Friday, October 31, 2014

One small gratitude

My current food obsession is spicy chili crisp piled on hard boiled eggs.  I love this humble man and his hot, oily peppers. It also happens that no one else in my family is remotely interested in eating chili on eggs so life is pretty much great.










I know this is trivial, but it's something.  I'm making an effort to revive Deconstructionist.  It is the longest running commitment in my entire life, except for well, running.  I have now been running for longer than I smoked.  The house I live in is the longest I've ever dwelt in one place since ever.  It's like I'm finally growing up.


4 comments:

Roy said...

Not really trivial. Besides, the one thing I think people often fail to recognize about blogs is that, for the most part, it is sometimes the only thing in life that you have complete control over. That is worth a lot and could keep you from going crazy.
That we all get to read your blog is just a bonus.

asha said...

I, for one, am delighted there is talk of hot, oily peppers and eggs at the Deconstructionist. I agree with Roy and Nietzsche. It's not trivia. "We have art (and blogs) so that we may not perish by the truth." - Nietzsche (and friends)

And I love the bonus!

someone said...

You're back! hooray! I'm back! Hooray! I lost all of my academic writing and finally learned to write. My opinion? Lost is found.

Don said...

You were "back." Then four months passed, and ...

Archives

About Me