Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October?

I'm surrounded by Kit-Kat wrappers because, whoa, it's Halloween which means it's no longer the summer I tried so hard to not take for granted, but is gone nevertheless.  I've eaten enough chocolate to almost refill the abyss where my soul once resided.  The nights are not long enough.  The coffeepot is not deep enough.  My breath is not broad enough.  The drinks aren't strong enough.  The rain isn't hard enough.  I've not yet been carried away.

If I had the time, I would get lost thinking about the past.




5 comments:

asha said...

So nice to see a post from the Deconstructionist, my favorite blogger! But wow. I have to agree with M. Lee. This is some serious homework avoidance. No matter. I hope this is the beginning of the new winter season of jolly good posts, not just a seasonal check-in. ;)

jenny said...

If you want to fill the abyss, you should try Twix. Kit Kats are simply not up to the task.

Kristiana said...

I agree with you, but the number of Kit-Kat bars in Thea's candy bag far outnumbered the Twix bars by a ratio of 10:1. I would not endorse the mass consumption of Kit-Kat, fun-size or not.

eclectic said...

Chocolate is a poor substitute for everything but chocolate, I've found. That being said, chocolate is its own reason for being and makes up a substantial portion of most souls.

I've missed you!

someone said...

ah.... word from asia. long awaited. I know it takes a tidal wave to move the fingers.

Archives

About Me