Sunday, March 14, 2010

Has it really been a more than a month since I posted? We're a little busy around here with our million-watt baby and the attending storm of tiny disasters. Thea is practically a toddler which means head bonkage and danger lust. This freaks me out a little bit, sentimentally and too because of the vigilance required overseeing these negotiations. If you met her I wouldn't have to tell you that she is a very intense person. Add that she has been trapped in a neurological prison and you might get an idea of the kind thriving will I am talking about.



I haven't had much experience with babies for the last couple decades, not since my brother John was one. In my memory, he was such a sweet, rosy-cheeked baby with blond nap-hair fluffed up on the back of his head. I can't hardly picture him without a halo. Sweet, sweet John. He and Anita are expecting their first baby this August.



Anyway, we've been sick here. Real sick. Everyone has a prescription, if not two. Inhalers, antibiotics, cough syrup and pain medications. I was the last to fall but a few days ago I got the chills and a wet cough. Then I woke up yesterday morning, Sunday, with a riotous ear infection hours before the Immediate Care clinic opened. I sat in their parking lot with one eye squeezed shut listening to the whoosh of blood in my ear not thinking at all.



Segue to nowhere: Thea's third tooth came in yesterday and she's feeling bitey. Right now, I have the cat and dog to protect.

9 comments:

nina said...

She is so spirited in the photos that it's as if they;re moving with her. Fantastic.
ANd it just gets better and better.

Roy said...

Those are all nice pictures, but I love that top one. It really shows what a beauty she is going to be!

Don said...

I still love your writing and word choiceage and the pictures of Thea are amazing! So much comes through! I just now thought of Asha because I am in Tonopah tonight and sometimes she comes here. Tomorrow I might take pictures.

eclectic said...

The months from 14 - 24 are the most demanding, I think. Because the kids have all the mobility but none of the judgment. It's chaos. But somehow, the vast majority of us pass through the stage unscathed in any serious way, so here's to vigilant parents! **clink**

Hope you're all on the mend.

Kristiana said...

Thanks guys! Everyone is better here but me. Ear infections are so terrible! The is eardrum is bleeding and popping and painfully unplugging and replugging. The doctor shines her light in there and says GOOD LUCK, SEE YOU IN THREE WEEKS. ugh.

But I like pretending I can't hear you if you don't talk into my good ear.

someone said...

feel better. coffee soon? Thea is radiant. Just like her mama.

nevalia said...

nice blog

The Dodo said...

I love the pictures you've posted up here. Hats off to the photographer!!!

Kristiana said...

Thanks, all the photos on this post are mine. Most of the pics on this blog are mine as well.

Archives

About Me