Sunday, April 27, 2008

Maybe this is what I deserve

My husband's parents are in Turkey for three and a half weeks so we are taking care of their dog, Sunny, who is a bit of a bumpkin lacking the cosmopolitan sophistication Owen displays when we are dragging around on leashes and when we are meeting new dogs and when we are deciding which delicious things on the floor to chew on.



Saturday last week he came over and by Monday he started with the diarrhea so, again, we were cleaning the floor on our hands and knees; Monday after work, up in the middle of the night, 6 in the morning, after work again, and again and again.

By Thursday we are back at the vet and nothing is wrong. Again. MAYBE IT IS JUST STRESS, AFTER ALL HIS MOMMY AND DADDY ARE GONE. TRY THIS REALLY EXPENSIVE BAG OF Low-Intestinal-Residue PupFood AND SOME HERE ARE SOME PILLS JUST TO BE SURE.

Maybe its because when I took a second to roll my eyes heavenward he cleaned out the kitty litter box, chewed the siding off the house, ate a foam mattress, swallowed his weight in mud and ravaged my seedlings starts.

By now maybe you have the impression that I am not a very good pack leader and am a lousy tender of puppies, and I can't blame you. But you would be wrong and you dont have to believe me till you are here, on your hands and knees pulling barbed wire and live possum out of these pup gullets. Then you'd get it, by gum.

No comments:

Archives

About Me