Monday, October 22, 2007

On curly hair

I went out with a few Tequilacon bloggers on Thursday night without my camera, but I did bring the legal pad and have it still in my possession which trumps any blurry photographic evidence of the evening. On Friday mornings review of the written plans for TC08 all the memories came rushing back, most vividly the ones most faded from the later hours.

Last call at the Bonfire Lounge every remaining blogger had curly hair, EXCEPT APPARENTLY ME and sat around sipping whiskey over candlelight congratulating themselves for having curly hair WHICH IS SOMETHING APPARENTLY I DONT HAVE. I was soundly shushed from commiseration and mocked for nodding knowingly.

MY HAIR IS EASILY AS CURLY AS BRANDONS EVEN LONG AND UNDER A STRAIGHTENING WEIGHT. ITS THE WEIGHT DAMNNIT!

I won a weak and patronizing concession to my protestations and feeling deeply the sting of rejection and scorn came up with the awesomist idea for TC08 so far... A PERM SCHOLARSHIP. It is right there on MY legal pad so it must have been my idea.

Maybe now, finally the rest of us might know how they live, how they love and how they suffer... and maybe for a brief and shining moment be welcomed into their inner circle.

Maybe...

No comments:

Archives

About Me