Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dog sitting



This is Ruben and he needs a home. I wish superdooper bad that he could find a home here but for too many reasons to list I just cant keep him.

Maybe I will list a few reasons because I feel guilty pimping him out on the internet. First of all my marriage is too new to risk exposing it to the full power of my will. From what I understand people survive in·den·ture·ship by learning to com·pro·mise, a concept that is fairly new to my vocabulary.

Rolling about in grass joy

Clark and I have already reserved a golden retriever puppy from a breeder in Wyoming. The bun is still in the oven. (that right! we are pregnant!!) The puppy is due around the 10th of December and will probably be coming home around mid-February.

We went the privileged papered dog route while love-starved dogs languish in shelters and humane societies all over the country. I can't tell you how much this bothers me. But Clark is a duck hunter and wants and says he needs a retriever who is bred for hunting. I suspect the incomprehensible things I need are fairly complex and deeply entwined with my sense of well-being, so I let this one go.

This time...

Squirrel breach

Even if I could win the battle I have decided not to launch I am simply not prepared to have two large dogs in my house, along with a cat, two frogs, 57 plants and an every other weekend step-daughter. I don't think I could manage that much living under this roof.

Anyway! Enough about my guilt. Ruben is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met. I am keeping (read: falling in love with) him while Sascha and I search for a suitable home. And while I wont adopt him myself I promise to take care of him until we are able to find him a safe loving family.



Ruben is a four year old rott/lab mix. He is a very affectionate, intelligent and playful dog. He doesn't seem to have much of a protective instinct at all, that is, he never ever barks at any perceived intrusion. However I wouldn't underestimate the deterrent factor of a Rottweiler if you were hoping for a home security in a dog. He is not in the least bit aggressive and only looked distressed when Willie shoved her face into his food bowl while he was eating and after the third time she violated him in under five minutes he let out only the faintest grumble. His curiosity and desire for approval will make him easy to train. He is totally beautiful and infinitely fallinloveable.

Overwhelming cuteness

I am deadseriously looking for a good home for this dog. He is living with me until Sascha or I is able to find someone we trust to keep him.

asiakennan at yahoo dot com

Email serious inquiries only otherwise go ahead and comment about how adorable he is.

No comments:

Archives

About Me