Friday, March 16, 2007

Speaking of...



Today is one of those days I am feeling fiercely protective of myself, like everyone intends to steal something I cant hold, taste, or even name. I say one of those days because they are often enough to say so, and on those days I have a wincing tic that looks and feels like fear. So I called my mom and wondered to her if I was trying to talk myself out of getting married or into getting married. When I got home there was a dead cat at the end of the driveway and we stood looking out the window wondering what to do. I don't want to walk around asking everyone if they know where their cat is.

-----------------

But we did. No one could say. And then we buried it in a white death shroud with a fistful of cat treats. I cut the only flowers in my yard, quince blossoms and the lone daffodil. It was a moth-eaten slug punched daffodil but it was the best I could do.

After a moment of consideration I added a dinosaur action figure and decided maybe it's just silly to get cold feet when life is so short.

No comments:

Archives

About Me