Monday, August 21, 2006

Heel toe heel toe heel toe

It was a trick question. The struggle is never behind you. There will always be sheets to fold, corners of the bathroom needing caulk. Just getting through this time is never going to happen. I got this far already.

I love working again! I love to be working again so much stingy old ladies tip me 50% and the boys ask me to dinner. MAIS NON, FOR I AM TO BE WED so I say. I cant tell you how good it feels to not be waylaid. I am like the singing, dancing Julie Andrews sweetheart of waitressing. But forever?

NON! I am trying to figure out how to practice my interpreting in a vacuum. There is nobody there to stop me and say BUT IT MAKES NO SENSE! Alone, at home I interpret NPR podcasts but Boy Oh Boy! do they talk fast. After all, it has been almost 5 months since I last interpreted into or from sign language. I have to stop and consider too often, so close to starting my internship next month.
*what will become of her??*



After five days off and icebath therapy my muscles are unfurled and I am ready to run again. This is my struggle between the best and worst in me. I am relieved to not act it out elsewhere. I am relieved to be back on the road.



Just in time because Hood To Coast kicks off this Friday afternoon! 1000 teams of 12 people each, 197.15 miles, 26:46:30 hours (our projected time) from Timberline lodge to Seaside Oregon. Oh, I just got a little thrill!

If everything goes according to plan I will run my first leg, the 11th team leg, Friday evening at 9:07 pm, my second leg (23rd) Saturday morning at 5:54 am, and my third leg (35th) at 2:03 that same afternoon. 4.2, 4.1 and 7.4 miles respectively. Our runner on the 36th and final leg of the race is projected to cross the finish line on Saturday afternoon at 4:01 pm. At these times here given feel free to let out a little cheer for me. I will know it was you, trust me.

1 comment:

Sandra White said...

phentermine - health insurance - debt consolidation - home equity loans Nice comment.. I ll come back for sure :]

Archives

About Me