Friday, May 19, 2006

Don't Read This

Last night I pulled one of my pins a half an inch out of my wrist then got a case of the willies that shimmied up and down me like a body quake from deep in my psyche. I even felt a little thrill and laughed and laughed and shivered and begged to pull the whole pin out and use it to fence with my enemies who are few...

Kate shuddered and stared at me with big eyes but Clark hollered that I better not do something stupid, that I best let it be which made me laugh like an insane person, a nervous and witless insane person who can think of nothing but pinpulling.

And then, horror of horrors! I pushed that pin back in which offered so slight a friction with my own flesh it was barely detectable but I was perked and tense and I felt it sliding back into that shaft of muscle and bone. You cant imagine.

I am waiting for my doctor to call me back. I DON'T THINK WE WANT YOU TO REMOVE THE PIN YOURSELF the receptionist advised and I laughed insanely again while she waited uneasily. My most organic laughter is not in good humor. It never was.

No comments:

Archives

About Me