Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Manual Dexterity



Now with my shiny new cast the ridiculous swelling has gone down and I can once again touch my thumb and forefinger. Hallelujah.



The pricklyitch sensational desire to scratch below the surface of the cast is hypnotic. My mouth is the closest thing I have to a second opposable thumb. For some reason this is still a blessing because it has to be.

Last night I started to write, it all crashed and I tried to recompose myself in MSWord.

WHILE I WAS ONEHANDING IT GIMPANDPLUCKY-LIKE OVER THE KEYBOARD I HIT AND HELD SOME COMBINATION OF KEYS THAT TOTALLY IMMOBILIZED MY MOUSE> HELD MY KEYBOARD HOSTAGE AND TURNED THE FLIMSY OPTIMISM OF THE BROKEN WRIST INTO A DEEP PIT OF DESPAIR WHERE YOU TIE YOUR SHOES WITH YOUR TEETH AND SMELL UNWASHED AND ITCHY


My faith is fragile. I thought I might have the chance to breathe, watch daytime TV and be taken care of but that was a fantasy to get me through the first few days when I could wimper I WANT MY MOMMY and she came running with hot tea and more blankets. I am such a wimp in the face of cosmic violence. All violence is cosmic. I cant say why. It just is.


normal sized hand

The runes and stars say, and I too say, I had all my bad luck before the age of twelve and now I can coast on down the slope to death sailing pretty on good karma. My challenge now is to fit the event into that paradigm or my whole world collapses.

SO...
lets have it, the top five reasons to break your dominant-hand wrist at the least opportune time!

5. Vicodin
4. Forging your own signature
3. 6 months to complete three months worth of schoolwork... paradise!!
2. A perfectly good excuse
1. Care packages from your friends



And still I think this could be good for me in the same way that physical therapy provides for muscular compensation, so too will this recompense me for the wield and worry of rightbrainedness. I want a big steak-sized corpus callosum. No better way then with force tie down the expression of the stronger half I say.



No comments:

Archives

About Me