Sunday, April 09, 2006

I don't care if I get lost, I wish I would



In place of my long running I am long walking. I missed my 10 mile season opener race which was Saturday, the Pear Blossom Run. I don't know if I can run, I intend to ask when I go to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow but I don't know if I even want to. Confined as I am in a cast full of my own dead skin cells, sweat seems a less then favorable addition.

So I walk long and far in my good shoes. I walk and walk and walk for miles past landscapes and barking dogs, broke-down cars, open shutters, endless blossoms, pensive and vivifying skies. The wind carries my hair all around me as if I was submerged in still water. Eventually, by immersion it seems to me there are no absolutes and everything is possible again.

How grand.

No comments:

Archives

About Me