Wednesday, February 15, 2006

With Regards

I just got done with a mid-term interpreting a text about the geography of South America, its influence on cultural development, and racial and ethnic distribution.

I repeatedly referred to ANCESTRY as PASSED-FROM-GENERATION-TO-GENERATION which is one sign and also means, but not quite means TRADITION and does not mean exactly ANCESTRY but otherwise was not terribly skewing of the speakers intent.

I think it depends to what degree I am expected to know better. (the answer is GREAT... to a great degree)



SIGH. I am weary I say.

Am now in the languages lab next door which is 30 computers, four people surfing the internet and a, a...
a) brotherhood
b) clique
c) tribe
d) loose confederate
e) society
f) cabal
e) ?
...of gamers who are here all the time, who live shamelessly in the world of fantasy and who, for lack of single female elfin druids on campus are unlikely to get sexed.



I NEED TO LOG IN TO SEE IF MY LEVEL 5 SHAMAN ORC IS RESTED.

THE FORSAKEN WANT TO MAKE EVERYBODY UNDEAD, THAT'S THEIR GOAL, AND THEY TELL THE ORCS AND STUFF THAT THEY WANT TO BE CURED BUT THE TROLLS KNOW BY NOW, SERIOUSLY...

THE THING IS, THE ALLIANCE WONT SIDE WITH THE ELVES.

----------------------

Sam: Regarding To what I strive

too cryptic!
spaceoctopus
2006-02-12 02:40 am UTC

That first sentence is a doozy. Do you mean:

--that you wasted years of your life trying to uncover the origins of suffering?


I mean I have never had faith that there is a relationship between work and reward, that success is fundamentally a matter of random and possibly cruel luck. Therefore I have never been successful at anything except by random luck or by working faithlessly and without hope.

Concretely, if I want to run fast I should train by running fast. Will I be successful? If I study hard will I graduate and make enough money to live comfortably, pay my debts, sleep at night? If I eat whole foods are my cells actually going to be happy and generative?

I am starting to suspect it is so.

--That you have wasted years of your life attempting to improve your life (time thus wasted b/c suffering is mysterious and will come out of nowhere to fuck you up)?

Because I have felt philosophically incapable of mounting an attack on life, there are bombs and busses just waiting to run you over and fuck you up. Or worse yet, just nothing at all becoming the same day into the next same day forever.

--What's the disturbance between means and ends?

The willingness to put yourself through trials is based on the causality of reward. I have had incredible difficulty establishing the validity of causal relationships.

--have you been hanging out with psychoanalysts?

Heck NO, I haven't been hanging out with anybody... mulling over my chimeric faithlessness and dualism and getting older, again. But I miss the hell out of you and have wandered from my path. Take me to the Ferris wheel. It is cold and clear. I will bring a jacket and not complain.

No comments:

Archives

About Me