Friday, February 24, 2006

No Atheists in the Face of Exams

First. Tonight am shookup sodapop, such so that my stomach feels ruptured. I am Renewed Faith in my future and the house I will buy and the garden I will grow and tend to with great care, I know how ambient will be my office, a tiny safe place in the world from where great schemes hatch...
...I know all this because it was given back to me in red pen on the top of my midterm exam, the great faith that with this score comes the confidence to pass the Qualifying Exam, comes the future I work so hard for, comes the dreams I dream that, of late, are tarnished and neglected.


Second. For days I am consumed with language and communication, concrete and abstract... But if you have read my blog you know this obsession is my constant companion. For days I have been writing my magnum opus on the subject, four passionate pages of amateur linguistics which I cannot direct but am compelled to express.


Third. Jenny, my shopping list. Without wallet, without list, little bit'a cashinhand and too self conscious to buy soy milk or tofu or those hippy sprout crackers in the bulk aisle because I don't want you to think that I am a nerd... but what your particular criteria are for nerdyness I do not know. I guess I just sorta intuited. Anyway...

(does it matter if it is organic or not?)


Rainbow Chard
Hot Pickled Cauliflower
Canned Hearts of Palm
Raspberry Soy Yogurt
Lemon Soy Yogurt
Baby Carrots
1 4lb Green Papaya
1 Cucumber
1 Lemon
2 Vine Tomatoes
3 Purple Yams
2 Jalapeno Peppers
2 Flower-shaped Cookies

I submit to your powers of divination and postsentiment.

1 comment:

Alternate Energy Sources said...

Hi there! Glad I found this place with like minded people. Doing a good job looks like.
All the best, Solar Power Energy

Archives

About Me