Friday, February 10, 2006

Motion and motion In Motion

Seems we've a reprieve from the recent rains, so heavy and oppressive. Tuesday morning I ran out-of-doors for only the second time since early January. Am gym going, but not road going. I had great need to physically outrun my fuzzygray, papery patina, sunkensad ennui.

I have a start/finish line from which all my various fromhome runs are measured, whatever direction. The white rock, I start there. If I ran down the hill to the west, south, east, north? 8.4 miles. Each route is tickered and mapped.


perpetual motion

This first day back running, before I went running I lurked. I skirted, shirked and shied. Finally I went to run, started like an assault and quickly surged into my body, my forward motion. Quickly felt like nothing mattered, felt like you mean it was just a dream?... felt I had never known great need and I had never felt great weakness. I finished my 5 miles sub-8:00/mile.

I was so elated I wrote a little song during my cooldown walk home.

I AM SO AWESOME
I AM SO AWESOME
I AM SO AWESOME
I AM SO AWESOME


*dance moves*
verse 2
REPEAT VERSE ONE

*dance moves*
verse 3
REPEAT VERSE TWO

This pace would qualify me for the Boston Marathon, is the equivalant of a 7.6 for 5 miles on the treadmill, and is only 2:42/mile behind the current women's World Record Holder for the Marathon:
2:15:25 Radcliffe, Paula GBR London 1 4/13/03


cold fusion

I am miles&miles (and MILES) from glory but am contextually GRAND and can probably outrun all my favorite rock stars which makes me rocking starrier by default.

-----------------

If I could tell you how it felt would you come run? If I said I felt like the first day of spring is that rebirthing, sheddingawful enough? If I said you will be perpetual motion, cold fusion, and astral projection, all like a flying dream would you come run with me?

1 comment:

Alternate Energy Sources said...

Hi There! Really cool site . Ok so I'm always searching for this kind of stuff.
I have this fascination thing. Keep up the good work!
All Blessings,Alternate Energy Sources

Archives

About Me