Friday, December 23, 2005

Thin Skinned




There are still pink spots on my collarbones where they wore to bleeding during a half-marathon in October. Today I ran in a v-neck... am smiling! It is apparent to me that my skin is in dire need of a coat of varnish, some industrial grade lacquer maybe, something to protect me from chaffing and insults.




Katrina gave me frogs for Christmas. During Thanksgiving Bob froze to death during a cold snap in which the dogs water bowl did not melt for almost two weeks. Full of feeling for me, she brought me the frogs to fill the tiny fish-shaped hole in my heart.

The frogs are totally awesome.

BABY LOOKIT MY FROGS, KATE GAVE EM TO ME. I NAMED THEM MR.CATE, MR.TREDWAY AND MS.LAMB*

OH, NICE... BUT I ONLY SEE TWO FROGS, WHERE'S THE THIRD?

THERE ARE ONLY TWO

BUT YOU SAID THERE WERE THREE...

NO, I JUST SAID THOSE WERE THEIR NAMES. I COULDN'T DECIDE BETWEEN THREE PEOPLE I WANTED TO NAME THEM AFTER SO I JUST GAVE THEM ALL THREE NAMES.

*Those are not the real names I gave the frogs. The fake names used here are the real names of two teachers and the attendance lady at my high school. The first was hugely impressed with me and I totally failed him, the second was pointedly unimpressed with me and I stunned him, the third was totally unimpressed with me and stayed unimpressed with me for the duration of my HS career, chasing me through the halls with pink slips.

-------------------------

UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE*UPDATE


in repose

He swims spastically then retires on his back on the surface which freaks me out to no end. Poke, *bob* Poke, shed a tear *float to the bottom* I lift the lid of the toilet seat *sniffle* he swims spastically again.

Later, he died.

The other just swims spastically. I guess it is good I never revealed the names I chose cause I wouldn't want to jinx anything good.

No comments:

Archives

About Me