Sunday, October 23, 2005

Study Break

The process of writing a research paper is elaborate and complex. I start with a few relevant articles, a highlighter pen, a cup of tea. I read, notice the floorboards, dust the crawlspaces, polish the houseplant leaves... I have concocted a new recipe for scrambled eggs and fish sauce, trained the cat to sit, stay and lay down, and have overcome my neurotic resistance to blog writing.

-----------------------------

Where I was going with last nights monologue...
I know it eventually involved a pair of ill-fitting plaid pants and how it happened that I never wanted to know my rock stars again.

The pants, I wore them in second grade with argyle socks because my mother was doing very little consulting at that time. She was more of an impassive well-wisher who occasionally rocked out to Aretha Franklin.

In fifth grade I made myself a pair of pants from a white sheet, safety pins and clumsy stitching. They were an imprecise imitation of clothing. I actually wore them twice. I hope when I die my life really does flash before my eyes. I would sorely love to relive those moments.

-------------------------------

Dish washing singing in a furious imitation of sexy and plain old embarrassing.
lalala...

I`M YOUR PRIVATE DANCER
A DANCER FOR MONEY
I`LL DO WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO
I`M YOUR PRIVATE DANCER
A DANCER FOR MONEY
AND ANY OLD MUSIC WILL DO

DEUTSCHMARKS OR DOLLARS
AMERICAN EXPRESS WILL DO NICELY - THANK YOU
LET ME LOOSEN UP YOUR COLLAR
TELL ME DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE SHIMMY AGAIN

*shimmyshimmy*
*splash*

No comments:

Archives

About Me