Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Book Thing

Got tagged from Loaded Mouth...

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?

What does that mean??? I read that book so long ago I am not sure if there is a reference I am not getting. Don't they burn books? How do I be a book?

Well, I know I want to be The Tokyo Montana Express by Richard Brautigan. Or any one of his other short prose books... Leaves of Grass or Trout Fishing in America maybe.




Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Yeah, Zooey Glass from Franny and Zooey... and Seymore from that book and the other Glass family stories by J.D. Salinger. Also, I always had a crush on Yossarian from Catch-22. He wasn't the same man in the movie though, so don't compare. And I have a little crush on Tin-Tin and a big crush on Hopey from Love and Rockets.

I could go on and on here.

The last book you bought is?

Books by the stack... Four Fantastic Novels by Daniel Pinkwater, Blankets by Craig Thompson, three books on Buddhism, a book on stretching and one on musculature, a Noam Chomsky book, a couple independant novels, a couple zines... um...

What are you currently reading?

Linguistics of American Sign Language, Runners World, Land of No Buddha and Lonely Planet: Mexico.

Five books you would take to a deserted island.

A Richard Brautigan anthology, Some book about poisonous berries and how to build fires and tree houses with your bare hands, a huge blank notebook, an erotic Choose Your Own Adventure book... and um, a dictionary/thesaurus.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?


Madame Levy
cause I bet she reads neat stuff, Mayim, cause I want her to post something, and JudyBluesky and A. cause what kind of writer doesn't read?

Okay then... that was a really long break from homework. Thanks Tas, I needed that.


No comments:

Archives

About Me