Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Surreality

I cant tell the difference sometimes...
I asked him this morning if we'd had a conversation in the middle of the night, he said no.
I checked to see if the bubonic plague was first transferred from rats to humans as they lay guarding the fragile seedlings of weeping cherry trees in ancient China. did the rats bite their lips as they lay in the orchard? no, they did not.

False dream-memory dilemma. There is a super-saturation point where I stop pro-activity and just try to stay alive... there I am wondering who I am not calling back and why I am not making flash cards about the professionalization of interpreting, code of ethics, about illocutionary force...

its finals week after all....

NO context! and I'm like, CHIPPING THIS PURPLE TOENAIL POLISH OFF MY PINKIE TOE IS OF EQUAL IMPORTANCE TO FILING MY TAXES, TO PASSING MY CLASSES, TO PUTTING OUT MY CURTAINS BILLOWING IN FLAMES ...

Can you see... I am confused and living in my dreams.


vapid

In my old apartment I wrote my To-Do list on stickers and put it on the ceiling above my bed. Three stickers...LIVE. YOUR. LIFE.

(I've run into this before, tried to invent new ways out)

The stickers are still there. I went to the apartment tonight to study with Satia. She said she likes them, is gonna keep them up.

Kids playing in the courtyard, deep green dusk and the smell of cut grass, shadows on the arched ceiling... It made me homesick and dreamy.

No comments:

Archives

About Me