Saturday, October 02, 2004

Ten Dollar Word

Well, she blew...



More like a cough really.

Far enough away surely that there is no danger of developing pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis from sustained aerobic activity... I hope.

In about 24 hours I should be closing in on the finish line. I picked up my race packet yesterday and am a little disappionted that it is just full of coupons. Nothing fun. I should have kept track of all the stuff I got in race/ride packets over the summer. From Memory...

-lots of safety pins and zip ties
-T-shirts
-gym bag
-scarf-erchief with the century ride profile on it!
-three water bottles
-Livestrong braclet
-STP warm up jacket
-stickers
-pain killers
-skin lubricant
-raffle tickets (and I won a cycling jersey!)
-meal coupons
-sunblock
-candy
-carb gel
-energy bars
-catalogues
-blister skin
-magazines

Apparently the organizers of the marathon believe that you should have to finish the marathon before you get the good stuff. Fine then.

--------

And, um, a note of interest. I just figured this out by accident. If you hold down the Ctrl key and hit the - or + button you can zoom in and out on the browser page. Super cool!

No comments:

Archives

About Me