Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Just Aching

Tomorrow is the first day of school, the first day of my SLIP program and BOY ARE MY FEET COLD.

But, yet, I am rapturous and bouncy burstintosong happy, un-mutherfuckin-stoppable.

The Marathon is only five days away and my knee is definitely still killed, like it was aching for the last 43 miles of the 62 mile ride so I threw a tantrum and misbehaved, came home got drunk with Kate, cried. Cried and cried, spent 4:27 inconsolable minutes crying.

...This morning was dismayed to find that my problems weren't solved by outburst so I went and bought a knee brace...a better brace, a knee fortress, arnica gel, homeopathic arnica pellets, a bio-magnet, IcyHot...

I took Ned around with me running errands and shared my yogurt pretzels and hippie pizza with him. He came over this afternoon and gave me a Fuel Belt which made me feel like a real jerk cause when I was throwing my tantrum yesterday (mostly in my head) I was about to disown him for telling boring stories and using delicate oaths like GOLLY GOSH DARN.

Later Sam dragged me out for Thai food, told me stories and insisted that I needed sharp new pencils and pee-chee folders for school.




I don't, really, but once I saw those old pee-chee athletes still running for a touchdown, heading for the finish line, shooting the winning basket (still in the short.shorts and knee.socks) I couldn't resist... and for good measure I got a couple more folders with glittery hearts and rainbows and kittens and butterflies for the millions of handouts I expect to be handed out to me all through the Interpreter Program even though American Sign Language doesn't have a written form.

She also bought me a book called ChiRunning ChiRunning combines the inner focus and flow of T’ai Chi with the power and energy of running to create a revolutionary running form and philosophy that takes the pounding, pain, and potential damage out of the sport of running. Stellar!

Its perfect autumn, warmcool and the sunlight is just monochromatic enough to make me feel all cozy and familiar. As I write this I have a lap full of kitten and need to be in bed by now cause its a school night and I have to be up at 7am.


No comments:

Archives

About Me