Monday, August 16, 2004

New Computer

I am totally enthralled by Ian Thorpe, the Australian Gold Medalist in the mens 200m freestyle.

And besides that I cant sleep at all cause the Portland marathon is less then six weeks away and I have spent almost a year preparing for this.

And so I have been doing headstands on those nights, and think I may start trying handstands. But I am also scared that I am under prepared, and maybe I would be able to sleep if I was training harder. So now I run during the day and go to the gym for an hour or two in the evenings. I went out and bought the heartrate monitor and all the cardio equipment at the gym has receivers for the transmitter so when I walk past the row of machines they all start flashing my heartrate. My heartrate never got so much attention before. Neither did my heart. Everyone exercising near me is in good shape.

The bridge...thats my other 4am contortion.

-Scholarship
-Goodbye ill-fitting pants
-Pioneer Graveyard
-Hiking in platform shoes
-Have tuning-fork, will travel
-4 covered bridges in 70 miles by bike
-Hood To Coast
-Building a new bar
-New Things about old friends
-Meteor Showers
.......
-some pictures



2 comments:

someone said...

I was just asking the queen of the ashabot where you were, and here you are. what's your thursday a.m. like this week?

a. said...

I had to chuckle visualizing all the heartrate monitors lighting up as you walk by. Fitting.

Archives

About Me